Marathon County Uniform Addressing Letter from MBE CPAs

posted in: Blog | 0

Marathon County Uniform Addressing Letter from MBE CPAs in Wausau, WI

In 2016, the Marathon County Board of Supervisors adopted the Marathon County Uniform Addressing Project. As of November 2018, the Marathon County Uniform Addressing Project has started implementation and your Business and/or Personal address might have changed.

MBE CPAs wants to ensure that you have a smooth transition as you maneuver this change.  As such, we have provided a guide below to change your address with various state and federal agencies. 

*Please note that your address with the IRS will be changed upon filing your taxes with your updated address.  If you are unsure whether your address changed or not, please type in this link and enter your current street number:

In the event of address changes, it is always helpful to notify MBE CPAs of any such changes. If you also have payroll completed through Payroll Solutions, please inform your Payroll Solutions contact.

How to update your address in QuickBooks:

  1. Log into your QuickBooks account.
  2. Click on “My Company” Icon.
  3. Click on the pencil.
  4. Update your business address in “Contact Information” and “Legal Information”.
  5. Click “Ok”.

How to update your address in QuickBooks Online (QBO):

  1. Log into your QBO account.
  2. Click on the Gear Icon.
  3. Click on “Account and Settings”.
  4. In the Address Section, Click on the pencil to the far right.
  5. Update your business address.
  6. Click “Save”.

How to update your address in My Tax Account (MTA):

  1. Log into your MTA.
  2. Go to “Names and Addresses” section on home page.
  3. Click on the address.
  4. Click on “Change this Address”.
  5. Update your address.
  6. Verify your address.
  7. Click next.
  8. View the submission.
  9. Click “Submit”.

How to update your address in Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions (WDFI):

                *Note: there is a $10 fee to change your address during this time.*

  1. Search for your business at
  2. Scroll down to the address section.
  3. Click on “File a Registered Agent/Office Update Form”.
  4. Click next if the entity name hasn’t changed.
  5. Check the box for street address change.
  6. Enter the update and click next.
  7. Certify and input your title and date.
  8. Continue through the form and pay the fees.

How to update your address in Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development (WI DWD):

  1. Log into your WI DWD account.
  2. Under the “View/Update Account” tab at the top, scroll to “Update Functions”, click on “Manage Addresses”.
  3. Change the applicable address and click “Save”.

How to change your address in Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS):

  1. Log into your EFTPS Account.
  2. Click on “My Profile”.
  3. Click on “Edit Enrollment Contact Information”.
  4. Edit address.
  5. Click “Next” and confirm the changes on the appropriate screen.

If you should have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at 715.355.4401.