Requesting Accountant Copy Process
This year we are requesting all clients send accountant’s copies once their QuickBooks file is ready for MBE to prepare their return. This enables us to record adjusting entries and easily transfer them back to you, ensuring that your QuickBooks file matches the numbers used to prepare the return.
To make an accountant’s copy please do the following:
- Open your QuickBooks company file
- Click File Send Company Files Accountant’s Copy Client Activities Save File
- Confirm Accountant’s Copy is selected on the next pages and click next
- Choose a dividing date that correlates with your fiscal year end (12/31 for most taxpayers) and click next
- Save the accountant’s copy in a location that you will be able to locate when sending the file
- Send the file to MBE on a flash drive, via email, or via SafeSend
- To upload the file via our secure SafeSend
- Select SafeSend File Drop in the top bar or click here
- Enter the required fields and upload the file
- Choose a recipient to send the file to by hitting the ‘+’ button
- Double check to make sure all the fields are entered and the file is attached
- Finally, send the file
Please note that any bank reconciliations performed while the accountant’s changes are pending will be deleted when the changes are incorporated. Please wait to do the bank reconciliation until the accountant’s changes have been incorporated back into your file, or print a copy of the completed bank reconciliation once reconciled so you can easily reconcile the bank account again once the changes have been incorporated.
In order to reduce the time and avoid additional fees please DO NOT REMOVE THE RESTRICTIONS. Each accountant’s copy is unique and changes can only be incorporated back into the file from which it was originally created. If an accountant’s copy has been sent and restrictions are later removed, changes from that accountant’s copy cannot be incorporated back into the file.